Our long term collaborators and key opinion leaders on capsule endoscopy Tassos Koulaouzidis and Gunnar Baatrup published their latest overview on colon capsule endoscopy in Nature Reviews.
Koulaouzidis, Anastasios, and Gunnar Baatrup. “Current Status of Colon Capsule Endoscopy in Clinical Practice.” Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology, May 2, 2023, 1–2.
- Evidence shows high diagnostic accuracy of CCE
- CCE is precise, has lower complication rates and increased patient preference relative to colonoscopy
- Bowel preparation barriers are reduced with smaller prep volumes and prucalopride which increases CCE completion rates
- AI improves success, quality, and CCE cost effectiveness
- AI Image analysis can reduce reinvestigation rate and improve clinical effectiveness and quality
- Pre-test algorithms based on demographics and medical history can improve the selection of CCE patients
- Managed service delivery across Europe ensures success
- End-to-end service delivered by GI Digital’s sister company CorporateHealth International operates without need for intervention by the end user
- Studies show how the Scottish service delivery was safe and well tolerated, reducing the number patients requiring colonoscopy
- 2,500 procedures were delivered successfully by the managed service in Denmark without utilizing hospital facilities